23.4.17

LIFE OVERLOAD | "Work to learn not to earn"





Work, work, work, work, work, work

Robert Kiyosaki is the author of  'Rich Dad, Poor Dad', and from him I have learnt that while we are young we need to see the world of work as an opportunity to learn and not to earn. If we only seek for work that have a good pay, we will end up hopping from one job to another and most probably be hopping around the same type of work or industry. 

As an undergraduate, starting to think about life after university, we see jobs that requires us to have 1 or 2 years experience (or even more!) but how can we, when all we've ever been taught to do is turn up to lectures, do homework, hand in essays on time?! 
Also, its not just experience that we have to worry about, we also need to know how to separate ourselves from everyone else! 

HOW?!?!?!

Everyone else will have their own way of tackling this. What worked well for me was I:
1) considered to study abroad - Malaysia
2) Start up my own business
3) Network with different type of people in different stages of their working life
4) Choose to do a placement year
5) Be open to opportunities- be a "Yes" person.
Here is another view of how work is in the eye of someone that is also starting her career!! 






   




" Being a youth in business is no easy feat. Most of the time I'm not taken seriously. Why would they when I'm still naive, inexperienced, and bound to fail at some point. I can be a promising young adult full of brilliant ideas but it still won't suffice. I have to work twice as the adults to prove my worth, to show age doesn't matter, that hard work does.


Despite all the hardships, the admire I get from my peers is incredible, even more so from my parents. They are so proud of me that at such a young age I'm already thinking about my future. That I can 'compete' on the same league with the adults. Truth to be told, 6 months in the business and the adults still scare me. But the support I receive from my friends and family is my best motivation to go forward. I know it'll be worth it in the end! "

Nadine Sioson ~



  I hope you have all enjoyed this content! :) 
See you soon ..
Remember to Live Love & Don't Forget to Laugh,


Post a Comment

Insta ��

© Chessabelle♡. Design by FCD.