30.8.16

TRAVEL WITH ME | CAMBRIDGE



CAMBRIDGESHIRE


A city full of history, class and knowledge. I’ve always wanted to visit Cambridge, being so near it, you would think I have already been but, no not yet until just recently. 

I went with a friend of mine (Elise) who did the itinerary for us. Our first stop was to go punting down the river to see Cambridge, and be toured around different colleges and gain knowledge and background about the beautiful architecture and scenery. 

Time: 45 minutes
Cost: £14.50

After a sunny and relaxing tour by the river, the little foodie in us was now craving for food!
Café Milano was a little café along the high street, which made us forget we were in the UK for a while. I don’t know if it was the table conversation between Elise and I but it sure did make the time fly and I really enjoyed our lunch. We were pleased with our Buffala pizza which had buffalo mozzarella with tomato and basil, finished with cherry tomatoes and extra ham on top. And as for my main, I had the buttered beef burger which was accompanied with fresh salad and chips.

Cost: £23.00

During the late afternoon, we got the opportunity to climb Great St Mary’s tower (120 steps)! I should warn you though, the steps were quite steep and narrow, be careful because the stairs are just one way therefore you need to be alert at all times. Believe me when I say all the trouble will be worth it once you see the breath taking view at the top of the tower! As the time was running out we then quickly walked over to Kings College and Trinity college to see the beautiful chapel and learn more about the history and breathe in the scenery that was right in front of us. 

Tower cost: £6 pp
Kings college: £6pp


To sum up, I think learning what makes the culture of a city is quite important. Visiting Cambridge made me feel smarter, its hard to explain but it made me proud of the heritage that UK has to offer. To visit and explore Cambridge will take more than a day, hence I know I’ll be back for more. Seeing the views with my own two eyes cannot be match with what you see online. It is so different to what you expect. On that day, it made me feel lucky to get to see what was around me, understand what happened in the buildings and the history behind it and frankly it urges me to travel more and open my eyes to what other adventures there are out there for me. 

Hope you liked this post! See you soon ..
Remember to Live Love & Don't Forget to Laugh,



Post a Comment

Insta ��

© Chessabelle♡. Design by FCD.